Sunday, December 20, 2009

Fun with long camera exposures

Umm, about what I was saying regarding the lack of snowfall yesterday... nevermind.

Sure, it is not quite like what's going on in NYC today, but this was a hell of a lot more than I expected! Here's a shot just taken out of our bedroom window.


Looks like Herr Doktor Braun just hit 141.62227 kph


Went to see "Avatar" this evening at the Metropolis Theater.  I was pretty skeptical going in.  But despite some pretty terrible dialogue, I was amazed.  No 3D at this old school theater but that might have been a good thing.  As much as I would have liked to have seen it in 3D, I found myself getting a little motion sick somewhere in the middle of the film.  And at nearly three hours long, I don't know if I could stand to sit through it again, no matter how good it was.  An action film is an action film, and I don't find much suspense in seeing them multiple times.  Still, I am sure this thing will clean up when it comes to all the technical awards. It deserves it.

Possibly more impressive was that there were no major technical difficulties at the theater this time.  When the curtain opened before the film started, I knew we might be seeing something special.  Yes, they've had a few curtain issues in the past. 

And for the impressive trifecta, check this out.  Ok, a 3-0 win vs a team near the bottom of the table shouldn't be much to brag about.  But when FC Köln has only scored 10 times in 17 games, well, I guess it is worth mentioning.  Let's hope for a more entertaining second half of the season after the winter break.

No comments:

Post a Comment