Saturday, April 25, 2009

Will it ever sink in? Cardinals 4 - Cubs 3.

That was the very definition of procrastination. I told myself not to get too involved in this Cubs season - especially after the previous two. The last thing is for me to get wrapped up in this and then move thousands of miles away. Well, fortunately for me, last night's game occurred. I guess it was a blessing in disguise. One of those reminders that the Cubs are the Cubs and that more than likely, things aren't any different. New lineup, same results. Had it not been for some very Cub-like defense by St. Louis late in the game, there was no way the score would have been so close. And worst of all, a key injury exposed the team's lack of depth on the bench. Let's face it, until he's 100%, pinch hitting Milton Bradley will always cost you two players because someone will have to run for him. Yep, same as it ever was.

Where are those boxes? Let me at 'em.

No comments:

Post a Comment