Thursday, April 8, 2010

One Banana, Two Banana, Three Banana, Four!

Watching VfL Wolfsburg vs Fulham right now in a UEFA Europa League game.  Besides the underdog factor, I also find myself pulling for Fulham because they have a pair of Americans on the team.  (They had a few more in past years.)  Of course now that I have the opportunity to watch, neither are playing tonight.  With just a few minutes left, it looks like Fulham has this one and is moving on in the tournament.

I wanted to watch a lot more games here, but unfortunately very few games are on regular TV.  League games require a subscription package.  Only these international games seem to be on regular TV.  Now, I'm not changing sides here but I have noticed something that creates a soft spot for Wolfsburg.  Every now and then the crowd breaks into a song whose melody was obviously stolen from the old Banana Splits show.  Yes, those Banana Splits.



I don't know if this song is common in German games, or just specific to Wolfsburg.  Nevertheless, Wolfsburg, you just might have a new casual fan.

No comments:

Post a Comment