Thursday, May 21, 2009

Impossible Germany

It has been a while since I've posted. I can't say I've accomplished much more since dropping the news at work last week. I still have furniture and a bicycle to get rid of. I am still surrounded by a whole lot of useless stuff. And I still can't stomach throwing away so many things. I hope this is easier when She arrives in 2 weeks. I will truly be putting her German efficiency (her words) to the test. The point of this blog isn't to rant about my stuff. I really look forward to settling in after the move and writing about my experiences abroad.

As I mentioned, She arrives on the 4th of June. During that time, I'll wrap up work and we'll do our best to get my things down to the barest of essentials. In the middle of June we'll head out to California to visit family, attend a friend's wedding and enjoy some vacation time alone. Not knowing when I'll be working again, it may be a while before we have a real vacation. It will be a bittersweet time, saying goodbye to friends and family and favorite haunts. I guess this is just a preemptive apology for what will probably be a small amount of posts during that period.

To Her: I know I will never master the language but I will try my best. I know I will occasionally be overwhelmed or confused with certain customs. And I know I will get frustrated. I just hope that you have the patience to deal with me during these periods. I will listen to you. Please listen to me. Help me when I need it but let me learn from my mistakes as well.
This is what love is for
To be out of place
Gorgeous and alone
Face to face
With no larger problems
That need to be erased
Nothing more important
Than to know someone's listening
Now I know you'll be listening
-Wilco "Impossible Germany"

In the meantime, check out the music player from Lala.com. Seems like a cool site for my purposes. At the very least, it'll allow me to post up songs legally. I only intend to add to it when there's something relevant to the blog. Let me know what you think. If I could, I'd rather just post an mp3 for you to download, but I'm pretty sure that's a big no-no. If you know of a better solution than Lala or the yahoo music player let me know.

No comments:

Post a Comment