Tuesday, May 26, 2009

I might be getting the hang of this after all

Ok, I'm finally starting to find some empty boxes here. I spent a good part of this holiday weekend emptying out old boxes and files. At the same time, I've created a monster project for myself somewhere down the road. I finally went through several boxes of old video tapes. These tapes were full of school projects and family events. Of all the tapes I gathered up, I found I could pitch about 1/3 without hesitation. Others needed a quick scan to see if the label was actually correct. The rest, however, are completely unlabled. That is so like me to do that. This evening I drove in to work and started digitizing some of tapes. Some are keepers, but a lot of the more cringe-worthy performances are now relagated to the scrap pile.

For those of you familiar with the legendary MUTV program "The Produce Department," expect the long-awaited DVD sometime in the next year, complete with bonus footage. I have yet to find Episode 2 which features the infamous (although rather appropriate) bathroom sketch as well as the teacher sketch. I hope that it is on one of the unlabeled tapes. If not, the project may be in jeopardy. If anyone has any information on this video, please let me know.

By the way, for those of you following along, drop me a note sometime and let me know where you're from and what you do. Any of you go through a similar move? Any tips on preparing?

And finally, here's one for you "Produce Department" fans. It isn't the original Young-Holt Unlimited cut, but it'll have to do for now.

1 comment:

  1. Can I get a copy of that DVD? I can't find a third quarter inch player anywhere. ;)

    ReplyDelete