Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Die Prüfung

It looks like I'm going to be away from the blog for a little bit.  Next week (Oct 15th and 16th) is my first exam (Prüfung) in my German language course.  I was able to slip past one when I was moved one level higher.  Unfortunately, that means I don't have much of an idea what to expect.  And all this time I've been kicking myself because there are a whole lot of basics I never really came to grasp. Guess I must have gotten by on my charm and good looks. 

I normally wouldn't be so worried about a test in school except that this one is actually rather official and (if I understand correctly) the results I get may be asked for when looking for work, etc.  That means I'm going AWOL for a bit while trying to get a grasp of everything.  Until now, I never bothered to look up what the language levels actually stood for.  Right now I'm finishing up B1.  Here's a little chart explaining them. (Click on it for a closer look.)
















So that's it until next week.  I hope to be back with some information on the tests and quite possibly about work I've found.  (The job isn't guaranteed yet, so that's all you'll hear about it for now.  I don't want to jinx it.)  Hope you can get by without me.

No comments:

Post a Comment